It’s Sunday afternoon, and according to the tv screen on the seat in front of me, I’m at 40,720 ft, traveling at 535 mph, somewhere north of Topeka. I’m in route back to St. Louis for my second week of training. It was a nice weekend in Colorado, although short. But I’m really happy I was able to go and see Lindsay and Andy. It would have been too long to be away from them. Thankfully, when I go to Dallas in August, they are going to come along.
We had a nice weekend. Saturday we went down to the farmers’ market in Old Colorado City. That was fun. We bought some Hawaiian wafers, which are really good. Then Lindsay, Andy and I drove around Manitou Springs for a while, looking at all the cool, old houses. Anderson actually entertained himself almost the whole time. The mirror we use to see him from up front was tilted down too low so he could see himself. He just talked to himself, waiving his arms around, for a good twenty minutes. But when he decided he was done, he let us know. He didn’t cry, he just yelled at us.
Lindsay and I went out to dinner, which was really nice if we disregard the food, which was not good. But, it was good to spend some time alone. Then back to Lindsay’s parents to play a game.
I’ll fly back to Denver on Friday to meet Lindsay and Andy. We’ll head to Kansas where we’re stop to catch our breath really quick, then off to Versailles, MO for a while (by Lake of the Ozarks) before heading up to Nebraska for my sister’s weadding.
That’s it for now. Sorry there are no pictures with this post; I didn’t get a chance to download any while I was in Colorado.
1 comment:
It is so great that you have updated the blog! Can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks -- which means that in the same amount of time I'm going to be hitched!! Ahh that's just crazy talk. Anyway - thanks for the update and pics, you 3 are grand.
Post a Comment