Well, I’m at 28,000 feet, somewhere above western Kansas, I think. I finished my magazine, so thought I would write a blog entry. I’ve been meaning to do this for the past week. I’ve (Brett) been in St. Louis at some training for work, and Lindsay and Andy are in Woodland Park, CO at her parents’ house. I’m on my way to Colorado to spend the weekend with them, then back to St. Louis for another week. I thought I’d give a recap of our vacation the week of the 4th of July. Here goes…
We spent our first couple of days just relaxing around the house, going to a few places. On the fourth, Mimi (Lindsay’s mom), Papa (Lindsay’s dad), Lindsay, Andy, Jackson, and I went to the Colorado Springs Zoo. It was lots of fun, although Andy slept through a good two-thirds of it. Oh well, I’m not sure he would have gotten much out of it anyways. Except that he does love to stare at the trees. He’s my little outdoorsman. Here are a few pictures.
On Thursday, we went down and spent some time in Manitou Springs. We went to some shops…I got some new sunglasses. Andy spent part of the day napping with his hat over his eyes.
That evening we went to the Symphony in the Clouds. The Colorado Springs Symphony performed at the middle school football field in Woodland Park. The show concluded with a fireworks show. Andy was mesmerized by the fireworks. We took a picnic and had a lot of fun. Also, please notice his outfit…does anybody else see a future Wildcat?
Friday morning we went to the Woodland Park farmer’s market.
That evening we went down to Colorado Springs to celebrate Lindsay’s birthday which was on the 8th. Andy tried on a new hat.while we were in Babies R Us.
We ate dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate Lindsay’s birthday. The wait staff was kind enough to sing to her. We’re still not sure why they made her wear a hair net while they sang.
Saturday we met my (Brett's) Colorado relatives up at a relatives cabin in the mountains. We were there about an hour before it started raining and hailing. So, we didn't get to spend nearly as much time with them as we had hoped. Hopefully, we'll get to see a lot of them at my sister's wedding in just a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment