Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Party at the Pumpkin Patch (say that 3 times fast)

On Saturday we went to a birthday party for cousin Jane (Lindsay's cousin Lesa's daughter) at Schaake's Pumpkin Patch just outside Lawrence. Being Wildcats down to our core, I would say it was nice to not have to actually go into Lawrence. But we have some real nice family in Lawrence (who invite us to fun birthday parties), and we like to go into Lawrence to see them. And you must admit that KU's campus is pretty, I mean, it's no K-State (c'mon, K-State has Anderson Hall), but it's pretty. Let's take a moment and gaze upon Anderson Hall.

And now let's see Anderson in front of Anderson Hall:


Ok, this post was about K-State, right? No, it was about Jane's fun party! It was a lot of fall fun. And they had cupcakes!!

019
Here are the boys checking out the chickens:

029

025
They had this nice photo-op set up for people. I only have two requests: 1) less wind (it tends to mess up my lovely wife's hair); 2) porta-potties in the background, really??

009

013

002

008
Now, for the best pictures. Tara, Lindsay's cousin and our photographer for these fine pictures, was apparently using our camera to make a documentary of this man heading for the previously mentioned porta potty. Look in the upper right-hand corner of the picture. Enjoy.

002

003

004

005

Isn't that funny. Oh, and sorry, but we didn't actually take any pictures out in the pumpkin patch. I'll describe it for you in words. If I use 1,000 words, it'll be the same as having taken a picture, right? Ok, imagine this - a hayrack ride out into a HUGE pumpkin patch. Anderson instantly picking out two little pumpkins when we get off the trailer. Wandering around looking for a big pumpkin amongst the rotting ones. Getting back on the hay rack ride with only our two little pumpkins and heading back to the farm. Leaving the party. The next day, going to a "pumpkin patch" in a church lawn down the street from our house and getting an overpriced pumpkin for carving (the money went to a good cause, right?). Driving to Price Chopper and getting a second pumpkin to carve. Dad telling Anderson at least twice a day that we aren't carving the pumpkins today.

Two more things, a few weeks ago, Lindsay was getting Anderson out of bed and ready for church and he asked what we were doing, so Lindsay told him we were getting ready for church. Anderson's respone was, "Oh, so we're not going to Disney World today?" Go figure. You know Anderson's mom, right? It must be genetic. (Don't get me wrong, I love Disney World, too.)

And then tonight, on our way home from church, we were trying to get him to tell us what they talked about in his class, and he said "women." When we asked what he learned about women he said, "that you say NO." That's it. That's all we could get out of him. The only other thing Andy would say was his current response when he doesn't remember or doesn't want to tell you - "It's kind of tough." and "it's hard to tell the difference." Silly kid.

Ok, that's it. Oh, except did you notice that I figured out how to make the pictures bigger?

Bert
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

lsquaredstudios said...

Great Post!
I had seen most of these photos on Flickr and appreciate the "story" behind them.
Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious....life with a three year old! Love all the stories and the BIG pictures :))) Especially Tara's timely captures!

-Mimi

Aunt Leslie said...

"Oh, so we're not going to Disney World today."

Tell your kid he made me laugh so hard, coffee came out my nose. I think he'll enjoy that.

You people are funny.

Taratart said...

Okay Number 1, this post made me miss you even more. And I already missed you a great deal.

Number 2, your kid says some funny crap.

Number 3, The porta potty chronicles were hecka funny.

Number 4, I love your heads. Your bodies, too.

Number 5, Will found yet ANOTHER slip of paper in my jeep from you guys from YEARS ago!!! What did it say? I can't remember, but I will go find it later and report back.