Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally...an update

Sorry it's taken so long to post an update. You'd think we have a new baby or something that keeps us pretty busy! Things are going well. I (Brett) went back to work on the 19th. It's hard being away from Andy all day. I'm so grateful that Lindsay is going to stay home with him. It's also great that I am able to go to work early in the morning and then get home around 4:30. Lindsay's mom (Andy's Mimi) was here the week I went back to work - which was a great help (again). She and Lindsay's dad (Andy' Papa) even took us to Jack Stack BBQ - it was Andy's first time going to a BBQ restaurant. He had A LOT of fun - just slept the whole time.

Andy went to his new doctor on the 19th. Lindsay and her mom said he (the doctor) was awesome. The doctor said everything was great and Andy doesn't have to go back for another month or so - I think.

It's amazing how quickly Andy changes. He is really focusing on things now. Obviously, he loves to stare at his mom and dad. He also likes his "Easter Monkey" that his Mimi got him. And he sometimes stares at his books when you read them to him. He was only about 3 weeks old when he would turn his head if you rattled a toy next to him. And, when he's on his tummy, he is already lifting his head up; he can lift himself up and turn from one side to the other. When we hold him on our shoulder, he turns his head and looks all around.

He's getting pretty big. He is over 9 lbs now. He still loves to be held, but at the same time doesn't mind being alone. Sometimes when he's fussing, it turns out if you set him by himself, he calms down. Guess he doesn't want to be held all the time. He's sleeping ok - wakes up about every 2.5 to 3 hours to eat. Lindsay and I got really excited on Wednesday night because he set a new record and went about 4.5 hours between feedings. But, he's getting us back today. He's been eating about every hour and a half today. Must be going through a little growth spurt.

He took his first trip to Jimmy John's and Target this week. Jimmy John's is Lindsay and my FAVORITE sandwich place. Seriously, everybody needs to eat there if they can find one.
He also continues to pee on me. I don't know if Lindsay is better at protecting herself or if Andy just likes her more, but he seems to mainly pee on me. He's gotten me about 4 times in the last two days. AND, a few days ago, he really had it in for me. I was feeding him after work and he spit up all over my shirt, which is strange because he rarely spits up. Then, he peed on me when I was changing him a little while later. THEN, at about 11:00 that night, I was burping him and he spit up and it ran down my back (I didn't have a shirt on) and into the back of my shorts. He is a pretty funny guy.
Today is Andy's 4 week birthday. We'll get a good picture of him later to post on here. Maybe I can get Lindsay to do a comparison shot again. It's so amazing how fast he's growing. And Lindsay and I think his eyes are starting to turn kind of blue.

Ok, there's my update for now. Here are some other pictures. Be sure to check out our Yahoo Photos site for more.



No comments: